Monday, November 26, 2018

Plantation shutters window treatment at home

My preferred window treatment should be the planting component. Do not get me wrong, I love other types of window treatments. I like the way the curtains soften a room and I would like to add a day of beautiful silk taffeta curtains to my dining room. But I would always like to have plantation shutters under these curtains.

Why do I like shutters so much? Well, there are many reasons; one of them is its versatility. Take a look at the next series of photos...

When it is very cold outside and you want additional privacy or privacy, you can close them.

Plantation shutters

Now, suppose your room is in front of a curious neighbor's house or a busy street and you want some lighting, as well as your privacy when you have dinner. Simply open the top ... or open the top and slightly open the lower vents for additional lighting while maintaining your privacy. (The photo below shows the upper part open and the lower part closed.)

Maybe you just need a little privacy or you mainly use your shutters to protect yourself from the sun ... you could open all the shutters. The shutters are ideal for a beautiful view of the exterior (especially with the wider 3 1/2 inch flap) while preventing discoloration and the damaging effects of sunlight on fabrics and furniture.

What if it's a beautiful sunny day and you really want to enjoy the view? Open these babies and let the sunshine! It's my favorite way to keep my shutters all spring, summer, and fall. In general, I close to mine at night in winter to better insulate the windows.

I bought blinds for my windows a few years after my arrival. Later, I discovered that it was the integral treatment that you can finance with the mortgage when you buy a house. This is because they stay at home when they move and are popular with almost all buyers. In addition, they increase the value of any house in which they are installed.

When interest rates fell several years ago, I refinanced my house at an even lower rate. When the evaluator came to my house, he told me that he could include my existing components in his evaluation. I think that says a lot about the value that shutters bring to a house. With wooden floors, they are one of the most sought-after characteristics when homebuyers buy a house. That's why you'll almost always see them in real estate listings when a house contains them.

They never go out of style and do not fade like curtains ... and coordinate with future changes in the decoration of a room, as they are usually painted to match the wood panels. They cost approximately double the cost of wooden shutters, but considerably less than custom curtains. Curtains rarely increase the value of a home and are not part of a housing evaluation, since the curtains left by a former owner, in general, do not match the furniture or the owner's tastes.

When it comes to buying plantation shutters, do not compromise and buy the cheapest ones available ... you could end up with sap bleeding or blinds that will not be kept closed. The characteristics to look for are: quality wood (lime or poplar, never pine), mortise hinges, tension adjustment screws to avoid loose slats, moldings of at least 1 1/4 inches are measured, constructed and They paint to match the color of the edge, but they were not purchased in a factory and "cut" to fit their windows.


I could tell you more about the plantation shutters, but since I do not know if this is of great interest to most people, I'll leave it there. I hope you've found this useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment